IEEE-488 GPIB Interface (+GPIB)
The IEEE-488 interface, sometimes called the General Purpose Interface Bus (GPIB), is a general purpose digital interface system that can be used to transfer data between two or more devices. It is particularly well-suited for interconnecting computers and instruments. Some of its key features are:
- Up to 15 devices may be connected to one bus
- Total bus length may be up to 20 m and the distance between devices may be up to 2 m
- Communication is digital and messages are sent one byte (8 bits) at a time
- Message transactions are hardware handshaked
- Data rates may be up to 1 Mbyte/sec
The IEEE-488 GPIB interface in integrated with the power supply's rear communication ports. The IEEE 488 interface offers full compatibility with Magna-Power provided drivers, software and SCPI command set.