RS-422 or RS-485 Converter (Accessory) (RS485)
The RS-232 to RS422 or RS-485 converter is an external industrial accessory to convert the power supply's standard RS-232.
Data is converted in both directions, RS-232 Transmit data is converted to balanced RS-422 or RS-485 Transmit, and Received RS-422/RS-485 signals are converted to RS-232. Unlike converters which require programming hardware handshaking signals to control RS-485 or RS-422 operation, the +RS485 option provides automatic control. In RS-485 mode, the RS-485 driver is enabled by circuitry which senses the RS-232 TD input.In half duplex RS-485 mode, the receiver is enabled when not transmitting. For full duplex operation, the receiver is set always enabled. In RS-422 mode, the transmitter and receiver are always enabled. The operating mode is set with 4 switches (Table 1). The +RS485 option is powered by the RS-232 signal lines whether they are set high or low. If not enough power is available from the port, or no handshaking lines are available, a DC jack is provided to connect a 12VDC supply. The DB9 female connector for RS-232 is wired as DCE (like a modem).
- Selectable RS-485 2-wire half-duplex, or RS-485 4-wire full-duplex operation
- Selectable RS-422 operation - Transmit & Receive always enabled
- DB9 Female RS-232 Connection, Terminal Blocks for RS-422/RS-485
- Port power or External 12V DC power (jack)
- Automatic RS-485 Driver Control - works without special programming
- Built-in bridging switches for 2-wire or 4-wire modes – no external jumpers